The College of Health and Human Development invites current undergraduate and graduate students to participate in the inaugural college-wide Virtual HHD Student Research Showcase held on Wednesday, April 28th, 2-5 PM via Zoom. Students with a major or minor in any HHD discipline are eligible to present their research for projects that are at any stage of completion.
Reasons to Participate in the Research Showcase
1) Gain experience presenting your research findings while developing your communication skills
2) Receive constructive feedback on your presentation from experienced research faculty
3) Connect with fellow students and faculty across the college and explore potential collaborations
4) Represent your department/school and highlight the exciting work from your field/area of specialty
5) Outstanding presentations will be recognized
Deadline to submit abstracts for the Student Research Showcase: Friday, March 26, 2021 at 5pm
Complete the online form and submit a project abstract of no more than 300 words.
1. Poster Presentation: Students will prepare a digital powerpoint poster with 2-3 minute voice-over presentation of their research. Digital powerpoint posters will be available online ahead of the event. Students will then participate in an open discussion during the showcase. Digital posters with voice-over must be saved as an .mp4 file and uploaded into Dropbox no later than Wednesday, April 14, 2021, by 9 PM.
2. Oral Presentation: Students will prepare for a short, 8-10-minute presentation overview of either a completed or in progress research project. A 2-4-minute question and answer session will follow each presentation.
Student presenters will be required to attend only their individual Zoom session, but are welcome to participate in the entire showcase. Presenters (in both formats) will receive feedback on their presentation from experienced research faculty.
Notification & Materials Submission
Students will be notified (via email) by Tuesday, March 30, 2021 about their accepted presentation and format.
Digital posters with voice-over must be saved as an .mp4 file and uploaded into Dropbox no later than Wednesday, April 14, 2021, by 9 PM. The Dropbox link for uploading files will be emailed to presenters.
Research Showcase Schedule
Contact HHD Senior Research Development Officer, Dr. Lisa Lopez at email@example.com, if you have any questions about this event or abstract submission.