How do I apply?
The MPH Program is a 21-month residential program. Applications to the MPH Program are submitted through CSU Apply [hyperlink to: https://www2.calstate.edu/Apply . In order to complete the application, you will need to: request official transcripts from all undergraduate and previous graduate (if applicable) institutions; complete the General Record Examination (GRE) and submit scores prior to the application deadline; secure two recommenders. For more information on application to graduate degree programs, please click here [hyperlink to: http://admissions.fullerton.edu/prospectivestudent/admissions_graduate.php . Minimum University and Program requirements are below.
Application Deadlines for Fall 2021 Admission :
- December 15, 2020 – Deadline for priority consideration. Applications received by December 15 will receive full consideration for admissions.
- March 1, 2021 – Final deadline for Fall admission. Applications received after December 15 and by March 1 will continue to be accepted until all spots are filled.
MINIMUM CSU ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The minimum requirements for admission to master’s and post baccalaureate studies at a California State University campus are in accordance with University regulations, as well as Title 5, chapter 1, Subchapter 3 of the California Code of Regulations. Specifically a student shall, at the time of enrollment:
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, or equivalent preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities ;
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended;
- Have attained a grade point average of at least 2.5 in an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree or attained a grade point average of at least 2.5 in the last 60 semesters units (90 quarter units) attempted; (Department graduate programs may require a higher GPA.)
- Satisfactorily meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study, including qualifying examinations, as appropriate campus authorities may prescribe.
- For international students, all applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose native language is other than English are required to submit proof of English proficiency before an admissions decision can be made.
ADDITIONAL MPH PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All official documents listed below must be received by the Office of Admissions by the application deadline. Any delay in receipt of the on-line application, official transcripts, GRE scores, letters of recommendation may jeopardize an applicants review status.
- Official transcript(s) from all college work sent directly to the CSUF Office of Admissions.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required for the Fall 2021 admission cycle.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A statement of purpose (300-500 words describing how the program relates to professional goals).
- A current resume.
- Completion of 3 units of statistics and/or research methods (appropriate courses include: statistics, epidemiology, research methods, calculus, etc.) with a grade B or better.
- Appropriate educational background for the public health program.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.7.
- Paid or volunteer experience in public health, health education or related health area.
- Interview, upon request of the department.
Department of Public Health
| 800 North State College Blvd., Fullerton, California 92834, Room KHS-121,
Phone: (657) 278-3316, Fax: (657) 278-5317