2022 Admission to the Master of Social Work Program


The Department of Social Work offers a two-year MSW program and an MSW flex program. The two-year MSW program is administered by the Department of Social Work and delivered on Fullerton’s main campus. Courses in the two-year program are scheduled on weekdays. The MSW flex program is administered through Extension and International Programs, formerly University Extended Education, and is delivered at CSUF's main campus. Courses in the MSW flex program are scheduled on weekday evenings. The MSW flex program is subject to all the fee and registration requirements of Extension and International Programs.

Students are admitted to the MSW programs during the Fall semester only. The admission cycle for Fall 2022 will begin on October 1, 2021. If you have any questions prior to submitting your application, you may contact the Department of Social Work Admissions Coordinator (657-278-3116) or the   MSW Prospective Student Advisor.

Below, you will find links to both the University and Department of Social Work applications. Both applications are required for admission to the MSW program.

Application Deadline: Friday, January 14, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.


Step 1: Please read the MSW program application instructions thoroughly prior to starting your application.

Application Instructions   PDF File Opens in new window (PDF) (Updated for Fall 2022 Cycle)

Step 2: Click the link below to apply online to the University. The Cal State Apply Application must be completed prior to starting the Department of Social Work Application.

Cal State ApplyOpens in new window

Note: MSW program applicants at the Fullerton campus must select   Social Work   as a major.

Applicants for the MSW Flex program, offered through Extension and International Programs, must select   Social Work-ExEd   as a major.

Step 3: Click the button below to start your online application to the Department of Social Work:   available on October 1, 2021. CWID and CSUF email will be optional to complete the application.

Start Master of Social Work Program Online Application HereOpens in new window

Apply NowOpens in new window



California State University programs for professions that require licensure or certification are intended to prepare the student to meet California licensure and certification requirements. Admission into programs for professions that require licensure and certification does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or certificate. Licensure and certification requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the California State University and licensure and certification requirements can change at any time.

The California State University has not determined whether its programs meet other states’ educational or professional requirements for licensure and certification.  Students enrolled in a California State University program who are planning to pursue licensure or certification in other states are responsible for determining whether they will meet their state’s requirements for licensure or certification.   This disclosure is made pursuant to 34 CFR §668.43(a)(5)(v)(C).