Human Services Online
Before you begin your course, we need to give you some important information. In order for students to obtain access to a CANVAS course site, students will need to complete the following steps:
- Connect to the Internet.
- Use either the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome Browsers.
- Start on College Website .
- Login to the portal using the username and password.
Username: Your School Email Address or Your CWID Number
Password: Your Selected Password
- Click the CANVAS Tab.
- Click the link to CANVAS Classes.
- Go to My Dashboard and click the link to access the class.
You will not be able to access your course until you are officially enrolled in the particular course. Once you are officially enrolled in the class, you will be automatically enrolled in CANVAS and have access to the Course page from any computer both on and off campus using CANVAS.
Note: If you do not see the class listed under "Dashboard", please contact the instructor. The course site could be unavailable or you are not enrolled. It can take up to 24 hours for the enrollment information to be updated in CANVAS.
In order to use CANVAS effectively, it is recommended that students meet the following requirements:
- Use of Web browsers.
- Entering Uniform Resource Locators (URL's).
- Downloading files from the Internet.
- Completing online forms.
- A live Internet connection. Students will need access to the Internet using a telephone connection, DSL, or cable modem.
- A monitor capable of displaying information at least 800x600 pixels. For best performance, access CANVAS using 1024x768 resolution or higher.
- If you have a Windows PC, use the Microsoft Internet Explorer Web browser (6.0 or higher) or Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome only. Mac users can use the Safari Web browser.
- Although it is not required to access CANVAS, students should have Microsoft Office 2016 installed in their personal computers to view and access documents provided by the instructor. The CSUF IT department makes this software available at no cost to students: http://www.fullerton.edu/it/students/software/
In the event of technical problems, contact Online Education and Training or call (657) 278-7777, M-F: 7am-9pm. If the student encounters technical problems in the submission of online coursework, s/he should contact the instructor by phone or email to discuss alternative methods for turning work in.
The online student should have a working knowledge of computers/Internet access, email, the ability to create and save documents in MS Word (including copying and pasting text), the ability to send and receive electronic documents, and a general understanding of current technology and appropriate online behavior (Netiquette). SAVE COPIES OF ALL WORK in the event of technical problems when assignments may have to be resubmitted.
With a SINGLE LOGON to the portal , you can use the following features:
- My CSUF - the portal home page, which allows students to add their own notes and reminders, web links, HTML and picture.
- My TITAN Online - provides direct access to class registration, grades, holds, fees, financial aid and other important records information.
- My E-mail - access to send and receive e-mail from your CSUF e-mail account.
- My Library - access to your library circulation records, electronic research sources, interlibrary loans and other key library resources.
- My Calendar - an online calendar feature to help you organize your time. Your class schedule is automatically added to the calendar after registration. Other appointments can be added as necessary.
- My CANVAS - students who are enrolled in any of these classes can access the academically related materials on CANVAS.
- My Web Cam - view of the campus from one of the several web cams.
- My Department - Access your favorite academic department in a single click.
- My Links - Add your own links.
- My Profile - controls many things, including which portal pages you choose to see, passwords for on- and off-campus accounts, and the order in which the tab for each page appears at the top of your Portal window.
If you have any questions, contact your professor for help.
Please do not call the Department directly!