Top 10 Highlights
- The Human Services Program is one of the few undergraduate programs on the West Coast that have been approved by the
Council for Standards in Human Services Education.
- Emphasis on Applied Learning through experience in fieldwork
placements in community settings. The benefits of working in the
community are numerous and often result in important professional
connections as well as developing the students' sense of professional
- Outstanding Faculty & Staff! Our permanent and part-time
faculty and staff are professionally active in the community through
research, articles, textbooks, awards for teaching excellence, and
invitations for public speaking! Our faculty and staff are
directly involved in a variety of organizations in the community as
well. This greatly enriches the learning experience for students
since they can provide students with valuable "real life" examples in
- Outstanding Preparation for Graduate Study! About half of the
Human Services graduates of our program go immediately on to graduate
school. Our graduates typically attend graduate programs in social
work, counseling, psychology, public administration, and education.
- Seven Tracks: Mental Health,
Administration and Community Practice, Substance Abuse Treatment &
Prevention, Elementary Education, Gerontology, Persons with Disabilities, and Individualized
- Professional Development! Our graduates have reported that
our blend of theory and experiential learning has enabled them to excel
in their professional development.
- Active Student Association: The Human Services Student
Association (H.S.S.A.) is a student-driven organization that is
dedicated to providing experiences in the Human Services field as well
as social and organizational activities for their members. They
raise funds for charities, sponsor activities (on and off campus), and
organize a variety of social activities that supply a networking
environment for members. Every May, Human Services students and
faculty get together for their annual "HSSA Awards Banquet."
- Partnership with Social Services Agency of Orange County prepares social services employees for the new developments in their
- Many of our graduates have paid positions immediately upon
graduating from our program!
- Personal Exploration! To become effective and ethical
helpers, students must examine their own values and personal history.
Download Adobe Reader | Download Word Viewer |
Download Excel Viewer | Download PowerPoint Viewer