Did you know that it is recommended that each adult take 10,000 steps per day or more to maintain an optimum level of health? A pedometer can help you to reach that goal.
A pedometer is a small devise that is clipped to the waist band and counts the number of steps an individual takes. They are relatively inexpensive and simple to use. Pedometers are a great tool to help reduce health disparities while helping you to reach your fitness goals as well.
When can pedometers
· While walking or running
· During a workout
· While at work
For the six routes around campus, we had
two of our interns use a pedometer while walking them and
came up with the following number of steps:
(Keep in mind that numbers will vary for different people)
· 2.1 miles 4393 steps (Nikki)
· 1.3 miles 2888 steps (Beatriz)
· 1.2 miles 2800 steps (Nikki)
· 0.9 miles 1905 steps (Beatriz)
· 0.6 miles 1325 steps (Beatriz)
· 0.5 miles 1529 steps (Nikki)