M.S. in Counseling Evening Cohort Program
Applicants must apply to BOTH the University (Cal State Apply ) and to the Department of Counseling. Please be sure to carefully read all of the information listed below and follow the admissions procedure as directed so that your application can be processed by both the University and the Department of Counseling.
- Spring 2022 M.S. in Counseling Evening Cohort, at this time, we do not have dates for the opening and closing of the application period. Please revisit our website in early 2021 for the actual dates. This includes both the University application and the Department of Counseling application. The application deadline for both the University application (Cal State Apply) and the Department of Counseling application is unknown at this time.
University application (Cal State Apply):
Please note there are two steps to the University application. Apply on-line to the University (Cal State Apply)
Step 1: Click on the Cal State Apply button below to start your online application to the University (Cal State Apply). When you open Cal State Apply’s page, you will choose the Spring 2022 term and click on the “Apply” button. Then, you will be asked to create an account, once you create an account you will need to choose "Graduate Programs with a Master's Degree or Higher", finally you will need to choose our program which is "Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy".
Step 2: Mail one set of official transcripts from every college or university that you have attended to:
Admissions and Records
California State University
P.O. Box 6900
Fullerton, CA 92834-6900
If you are interested in sending electronic transcripts to the University you will need to check with Admissions to see if they can be accepted. You can reach them at email@example.com or 657-278-3100.
* Please note if you are currently attending or have graduated from CSUF and Admissions and Records has already received your official transcripts there is no need to mail additional transcripts to the University. Please be aware that to complete your Department of Counseling application you must upload unofficial transcripts from every college and university (including your most recent CSUF transcript not your TDA) into your Department of Counseling application.
Department of Counseling application :
All of the documents (personal statement, three letters of recommendation and unofficial transcripts from every college and university you have attended) for your Department of Counseling application must be uploaded into your online application. We will not be accepting any paper documents via mail, e-mail or delivered to the Department. If you have difficulties uploading your information please contact the Prospective Graduate Student Advisor.
- Click on the apply button below to start your online application to the Department of Counseling.
- At this time, we do not have dates for the opening and closing of the application period. Please revisit our website in early 2021 for the actual dates for the Spring 2020 Evening Cohort Program.
- Please note that you can go in and out of your Department of Counseling application throughout the application period but you will need to submit your completed application by the deadline which is unknown at this time.
Note: The CSUF Clinical Mental Health Counseling M.S. program in the College of Health and Human Development is distinct and different from another CSUF program, The CSUF Clinical Psychology M.S. program in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
For more information about admissions, please contact our Prospective Graduate Student Advisor, at (657) 278-3042. Or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org