Part Time Positions
The Department of Child and Adolescent Studies accepts applications from individuals interested in part-time teaching assignments on an ongoing basis. Candidates must have at least a Master's degree in a field relevant to the curriculum of the Department of Child and Adolescent Studies. Preference will be given to candidates who have prior teaching experience at the college or university level and who can furnish evidence of strong teaching.
- An earned masters or doctorate in Child and Adolescent Development/Psychology or a closely related field prior to appointment;
- A strong background in developmental theory and research;
- Demonstrated ability to teach students with diverse backgrounds at the undergraduate level;
- An interest in preparing undergraduates to work effectively with children, adolescents and families from diverse backgrounds; and
- The ability to work collegially in a multicultural environment.
We are currently hiring part-time faculty to teach across our curriculum, however we have a particular need for part-time faculty to teach CAS 301: Developmental Inquiry and Methodology.
Salaries vary depending upon qualifications and experience. Typical starting salaries for part-time faculty range from $4,246 to approximately $5,068 for a three-unit class.
For consideration please submit a portfolio of the following to the address below.
1) Current vita,
2) Teaching narrative (maximum two pages),
3) Summary of teaching evaluations,
4) Three letters of recommendation,
5) Sealed transcript from a graduate institution verifying the degree earned,
6) Completed application form (Download CSU1 Form)
Department of Child and Adolescent Studies
Part-Time Teaching Positions
P.O. Box 6868
800 N. State College Blvd., EC 503
Fullerton, CA 92834-6868